The Roles administration feature enables you to create roles for your users to mimic your organization-wide hierarchy.
You can define access privileges while you create a role. The idea is to reduce clicks and navigation. Having privileges defined on a role eliminates the necessity to create a different profile and associate it to a role. Additionally, you need not visit individual profiles to view or modify privileges you have defined earlier.
- To see the hierarchical role view, click on the icon on the top right of the page to open the Admin Dashboard. Click User Management > Roles on the left sidebar, and your screen should appear as below. Roles such as Management, Manager, and Staff are provided by default.
- To view available actions, move your computer mouse pointer over a role entry. Click on the + icon to add a new role. Your screen should appear as below:
- Enter all relevant information. Fields marked with an asterisk [ * ] are mandatory.
- From here you can choose to either Assign privileges directly to Role or Assign privileges from existing profiles.
- With Assign privileges directly to Role, you can view and select from privileges available to existing profiles as well as specify custom privileges as needed.
- With Assign privileges from existing profiles, you can directly assign privileges from existing profiles, allowing the role to have the same privileges as those selected profiles.
- Once done, click Save to save the information and finish creating the new role.
Field InformationTable: List of master data entry fields for Roles
|Name||Provide a desired label for your role.|
|Reports To||This field is auto-selected. The role superior to the current role is displayed here.|
|Assign privileges directly to a Role||The access privileges can be defined here without having to create a new profile and assigned to your role.|
|Assign privileges from existing profiles||Select from existing profiles to impose privileges defined on selected profile.|
|Copy privileges from||If you have already defined permissions in an existing profile, you can populate them by selecting desired profile from the drop-down list.|