An invoice, or a bill, is a non-negotiable itemized statement issued for the Products and Services rendered to the customer.
How to use
You may create an Invoice directly from the Invoice module. This will require that you have to set all references, for instance, to a sales potential, manually.
To create a new Invoice manually in Second CRM, follow below step:
- Go to All > Sales > Invoice at the navigation area.
- Click on the + Add Invoice button as shown below:
Once you have clicked the button, your screen should appear just like the figure below:
- Enter Invoice information. Fields marked with an asterisk [ * ] are mandatory.
- Once done, click the [Save] button to transfer your data to your Second CRM database.
You may generate an Invoices directly from a previous Quote. This will automatically transfer your Quote information to the new Invoice.
To create a new Invoice from the Quotes module:
- Go to Quotes > click on Quotes name.
- In the detail view of that quote record, click More > Generate Invoice as shown below:
- Modify details if necessary and once done, click Save to finish.
There must be an existing product or service catalog in Second CRM before you can create a Quote.
You can use the[book icon to select the price from your price book entries. That is especially useful if you maintain various price lists for different types of customers.
The Item Details block gives you the flexibility to add Products/Services, manage different prices through Price Books, offer discounts and include local/state/federal taxes as well as special taxes.
You can click on the box icon in the Item Name column to select a product, or click on + Add Service followed by the globe icon to select a service from the product or services catalog. Click on + Add Product/Service again to add another product or service.
For taxes, it can be calculated individually for each product or service, or calculated for the whole. Before you select items for your Quote, you need to decide what tax mode applies to your offer. Second CRM supports an Individual and a Group tax mode.
In below figure, you see the entry details in the Individual tax mode. With this tax mode you may set different taxes for each individual product or service you offer.
In below figure, you see the entry details in the Group tax mode. Here the overall tax is calculated after all products or services has been entered.
To View Invoice details information:
- Click on the Invoice name and your screen should appear just like below:
- The right side tab will display a view of the relations of the Invoices module with other modules, and maintains a log of the Invoice’s complete history in Second CRM.
You can perform the following operations by clicking on the Action drop down button in list view:
- Select Edit to modify selected record(s).
- Select Delete to delete selected record(s).
- Select Import or Export to Import or Export a list of Invoices.
- Select Find Duplicates to find duplicate record(s).
List of operations you can perform on detail view of Invoice record:
- Click Edit button to modify field information.
- Click More > Delete to delete Invoice record.
- Click More > Duplicate to clone the Invoice record.
- Click More > Export to PDF to export the Invoice record in PDF format.
- Click More > Send Email with PDF to send email with the record in PDF format.
You may export the Invoice in PDF format or send the PDF copy of invoices as an e-mail to customers directly from the invoice detail view.
If you want to view or send the Invoice in PDF format, you must have set your company information and terms & conditions in advance.
To EXPORT the Invoice in PDF format:
- Go to Invoice > click on Invoice name
- In the detail view of that record, click More > Export to PDF as shown below:
To SEND EMAIL with PDF
- Go to Invoice > click on Invoice name.
- In the detail view of that record, click More > Send Email with PDF as shown below:
- Then, the compose email window will open which contains the invoice as an attachment. You can add additional text to the e-mail.
Table: List of default master data entry fields for Invoice
|Sales Order||You may select a sales order this invoice refers to.|
|Invoice No||The system automatically proposes an invoice number every time you create a new invoice by adding 1 to the last existing invoice number. You may define your own standard numbering format for your company.|
|Invoice Date||Every invoice must have a date. You may select it here.|
|Due Date||You should enter a due date for this invoice.|
|Purchase Order||You may enter information on a purchase order that refers to this invoice.|
|Exercise Duty||You may enter tax information if applicable. Note that this is a numeric value.|
|Sales Commission||You may enter a sales commission that is included in your invoice. This is a numeric value.|
|Account Name||You must select an account related to this invoice. Note that by selecting the account the address fields are filled out automatically.|
|Status||If more than one person works with this invoice, you may use the status field to distinguish levels of completion.|
|Company Details||Select the relevant company details from the available list.|
|Terms & Conditions||Select the relevant terms and conditions from the available list.|