A Purchase Order is a legal document handed over to a vendor to purchase Products or Services. Purchase Orders comprise of the purchase order number, vendor details, product or service details, terms and conditions, prices, etc.
Before you can create any purchase orders, you must have the vendor in the vendors list. You must have also the products or services to be purchased in your product catalog as well as in a price book.
How to use
You may create a Purchase Order directly from the Purchase Order module. This will require you to enter Purchase Order details manually. To create a new Purchase Order manually in Second CRM, follow the steps below:
- Go to All > Product & Service > Purchase Order at the navigation area.
- Click on the + Add Purchase Order button as shown below:
Once you have clicked the button, your screen should appear just like the figure below:
- Enter Purchase Order information. Fields marked with an asterisk [ * ] are mandatory.
- Once done, click the Save button to transfer your data to your Second CRM database.
You must have created a product or service catalog before you can create a Purchase Order. You can click on + Add Product or + Add Service to select a product or service from the product or services catalog.
The Item Details block gives you the flexibility to add Products/Services, manage different prices through Price Books, offer discounts and include local/state/federal taxes as well as special taxes.
For taxes, it can be calculated individually for each product or service, or calculated for the whole. Before you select items for your Sales Order, you need to decide what tax mode applies to your offer. Second CRM supports an Individual and a Group tax mode.
In the figure below, you see the entry details in the Individual tax mode. With this tax mode you may set different taxes for each individual product or service you offer.
In the figure below, you see the entry details in the Group tax mode. Here the overall tax is calculated after all products or services have been entered.
To view Purchase Order details information:
- Click on the Purchase Order subject and your screen should appear just like below:
- The right side tab will display a view of the relations of the Purchase Order module with other modules, and maintains a log of the Purchase Order’s complete history in Second CRM.
You can perform the following operations by clicking on the Actions] drop down button in list view:
- Select Edit to modify selected record(s).
- Select Delete to delete selected record(s).
- Select Import or Export to Import or Export a list of Purchase Orders.
- Select Find Duplicate to find duplicate record(s).
List of operations you can perform on detail view of a Purchase Order record:
- Click Edit to modify existing content.
- Click More > Delete to delete the record.
- Click More > Duplicate to clone the record.
- Click More > Export to PDF to export the record in PDF format.
- Click More > Send Email with PDF to send an email with the record in PDF format.